Wednesday, March 27, 2013

In Need of a Reset

Well...  It's Wednesday.  That doesn't mean too much I guess.  I'm just feeling a little dumpy...  I've been feeling really down lately about alot of things and because of that, "dieting" has not been even remotely close to being something I'm worried about.  This morning my sister-in-law called me.  She and my brother were married in front of a judge last December and had a baby boy a few days later.  But they are planning a "wedding" for this June.  Because I sew, she's been really picking my brain for ideas.  I'm basically rebuilding her wedding dress, using pieces that we're cutting off the dress to make 2 flower girl dresses and all 4 bridesmaids dresses.  On the bright side, I'm one the brides maids so I'm a little excited about making sure that mine will fit me well!  So on that note...  now I have a goal to work for.  In a way I've had this mindset that I have nothing to work for so who gives a crap.  I'd rather eat and drink what I want than torture myself.  But I guess that I have a reason to lose weight now.  It doesn't mean I have a better attitude yet, but I'm working on it. 

A Foot Update::  It still is thoroughly killing me and Curt is getting tired of hearing me whine.  He keeps telling me we should go to the doctor but I won't.  But I think I figured out what actually happened.  I was sewing yesterday and talking to Curt about an external hard drive on the shelf under my machines, over my feet, when I remembered a few weeks ago that that damned thing fell off the shelf right onto my bare foot, corner first.  I'm positive that's what caused my issue.  And now I'm wondering if I really did do some damage to my foot and maybe I really should go in.  We've been working out somewhat lately but I get home and get that shoe off and my foot just inflates.  Today, we dropped the car off at the shop and walked about 2 miles.  By the time we got home, I had a blister on the ball of my foot.  Same foot.  Seriously...  just cut my leg off. 

Tonight while Curt is at work, I'm going to work on my taxes, cut out some fabric, work on a menu for the next week or so, sew, and clean my kitchen, girls' bedroom and upstairs bathroom. 

2 comments:

  1. Go to the doctor! Per your comment on my blog: I started thinking about some of our fellow bloggers who were extremely successful, and they succeeded by following the plan to the letter! I can't say I've been following the plan strictly recently, and I have had success in the past when I was much better at following the rules. I've fallen into the mindset "I'm eating healthy food", but that keeps me at a maintenance level, when I am trying to lose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady. Yes, go to the doctor and get this fixed! Cheer up, things will get better. This is one of the down sides in life that thoroughly suck. Who would of thought 18 years ago when we were young and in shape we would ever be blogging about trying to lose weight!

    ReplyDelete