Saturday, March 31, 2012

Falling apart... but happy? (from Curt)

This weight loss has been wonderful, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I can't wait to hit a goal that I'm about 15 lbs from, so I'll still be working at it.

But I feel like my body is acting like Jamie... digging its heels in, kicking and screaming, telling me NO MORE!!!

We've talked about my foot and the torn ligament... that's still just as bad as it was before, so it's not getting any better. I've just learned to suck it up and limp.

But now there's a bigger problem... At the age of 12 I had my first physical so I could play football. They noticed right away that I had a hernia, but decided that since it's not ever hurt me, that it's ok. Well here we are 20 years later, and I'm trying to get healthy... It started just before we left for Vegas, but got REALLY bad while we were there. While we were walking around I could feel some pain below my belly button. I didn't think anything of it until I went to sit down, and HOLY COW! I could honestly feel my guts being pinched out of the tear in my abdominal wall! I sit down (slowly) and bend my head down to my knees to get them all pushed out of the tear. I know that sounds horrible, but I can FEEL it pushing stuff around, so it is freaky, but painful at the same time. After the 2 hour walk at the grand canyon... walking up and down the strip... walking and standing for 5-7 hrs at Fremont: each time (plus others) it would be so painful.

So now, a couple of weeks later, I can still feel the pain down there, but haven't had to push my guts back inside. I'm going to see the doctor about it on Wednesday, we'll see what happens. I'm thinking that if I have to get surgery, I want them to fix my foot at the same time! lol... might as well fix everything if I have to be put down. Oh, I mean... put under... ;)

1 comment:

  1. It's important to get it repaired if it is hurting that bad :(
    I hope you feel better and that you're all fixed up soon! You guys are doing GREAT!

    ReplyDelete