Monday, April 30, 2012

Had a day, must blog. Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday, April 30, 2012
PV

CURT:  LOSS: 3.2 lbs TOTAL LOSS: 64.4 lbs
JAMIE: LOSS: 0.4 lbs TOTAL LOSS: 23.8 lbs

Breakfast:
C and J: scrambled egg muffins, cottage cheese

Lunch:
C: yogurt, skinny mocha
J: skinny mocha

Dinner:
C and J: tacos (we had a BAD, BAD day and you'll understand this when you read what I have to say)

Late snack:
C: meat loaf
J: roasted pork

Water:
C: 3 quarts water, 2 can Diet Dr. Pepper
J: 2 quarts water, 2 can diet soda

O.....m.....g..... my day started a few hours before I planned on it starting.   My kids were at there dad's the last 6 days, but at 7 a.m., I got a call from Ethan, my 15 year old son, from school.  He said, "You need to come pick me up.  Something happened at dad's this weekend."  I was instantly freaked out.  He wouldn't tell me what was going on.  I got up, wet and combed my hair out, threw some clothes on (no bra because...  I'm just picking the kid up) and left.  I was out of the house in less than 5 minutes.  I got to the school and had to go into the high school office to find him.  I thought he'd be right out front waiting.  It's a very small school.  The elementary, junior and senior high are in one pretty darn small building.  Anyhow, the secretary got him out of class, and he informed me he got into a physical fight with his dad this weekend.  Now...  I don't know about other countries, but here, you're pretty much not allowed to touch your kids.  But...  you can open-handed hit them all you want, that is what I found out this evening according to the police.  Ethan's dad, my ex-husband, decided that it was okay to pin Ethan to the wall (his feet dangling) and HIT him with the palm of his hand (the meaty, hard part), repeatedly.  AND..  choke him with his hand AND forearm.  I have pictures of his back (huge scrape and welt of him being drug across the towel rack), scratches and welts on his chest from dad pinning his elbow (hard) into Ethan's chest and a goose egg, 3/4 inch high, on his forehead from these supposed open-handed hits to his forehead.  And the police said, get this...  it was okay for him to do this because Ethan had disrespected him.   Even better, they said there was no obvious physical harm. I was PISSED to say the least.  What I heard, "Go ahead, beat the crap out of your kids.  We don't care."   I could go on.  But at this point, I'm calling my lawyer tomorrow, maybe the county police, and if Ethan wants, next week, he can refuse to go to his dad's.  As far as that goes, they can all refuse and we can drag this out for a bit.  I'm mad...  And here's the kicker, I know FOR A FACT!!!  I would be in jail right now if this were me because the ex-husband's brother is on the police force here.  My kids have heard him get coaching from his brother how to hit the kids without getting into trouble.  AAARRRGGGHHH!!!  Now what???

3 comments:

  1. And I guarantee if a man did this to his wife it would be a different story with the law, so why can a parent abuse their child and they call it "parenting". This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard. Rob does not deserve to have any of the kids for a while unless he takes anger management classes..which is what I would be pushing if I were you. The state of Idaho has screwed you every since you left Rob. The entire situation pisses me off. Thank god for Curt..he is truly a blessing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd call the County.. sounds like a conflict of interest given his brother is on the local force. I'm so sorry for all of you. And yes, I'd drag it out... let him take you back to court for visitation and you can show the judge big blow up pics from this weekend.
    Sending healing hugs to all of you... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no, this sounds awful! i hope you dont have to send your kids back to their dads if he's going to treat them like that. i hope you sort things out and everyone is ok.

    ReplyDelete