Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 6 of the 60 Day Photo Challenge


May 26, 2012
Day 6 of the 60 Day Photo Challenge

Day 06 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day




This is a....  I don't know ... an 8th cousin?  Maybe I should figure that out some day.  I thought and thought about this one.  There really is no one that is "current" that I would like to trade places with.  I am perfectly content with my life really.  So this is a relative from the 1840's ish.  Her name is Catherine Sager (my mom's maiden name was Sager).  You can actually google her and get her story.  She and her family left Missouri on the Oregon Trail when she was 9, she fell out of the wagon and broke her leg, a baby girl was born, BOTH her parents died, and when they arrived in the northwest, they lived with missionaries and they and her brothers were massacred by indians.  So....  while she lived a life of tragedy, I find her life (and all of her siblings, several of them) fascinating.  And it's trade in lives with for a DAY.  I think you can read this and know which days I would not want to trade with!
The whole Sager family when they set out on the Oregon Trail:

Three of the Sager Orphan sisters (Catherine, Elizabeth and Matilda):
So serious....

No comments:

Post a Comment